SAFETY AND HEALTH DEPARTMENT
A Commitment to Safety
“Every Person – Every Job – Everyday”
The safety and preservation of life and health of every employee, customer, and visitor, and the protection of property and our environment, is not just a company policy to abide by, or a legal standard set forth by legislation – but a human principle of both moral and ethical value that we live by and work by here at Perez Brothers.
Regardless of the many safety laws and programs that are in place, it is only as a team and through the cooperative effort of every Perez Brothers employee will “Safety” ever be fully and effectively recognized, achieved, and maintained – which is why we believe, and we hold, that “Safety Is Every Employee’s Responsibility.”
Coupled with a system of early recognition and employee discipline, in addition to strict monitoring for compliance, we provide a workplace free from recognized hazards by engaging our employees in the highest quality of Safety training that meets and exceed those relevant and applicable standards set forth by both federal and local agencies, such as OSHA, MSHA, EPA, NAVFAC (EM385), etc.
Here at Perez Brothers, Safety is the focal point of our company’s success because we have chosen to invest in our most valuable asset – our people. Every person, every job, everyday, we work diligently to lead this industry in Safety, and continue to provide a safe and healthful workplace. Evidenced by more than 65 years of rock solid performance, we can safely say that we are, indeed, “Our Brother’s Keeper,” and we have been since 1951.
Michael Jr. Laguana,
Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO)
STATEMENT OF CREDENTIALS
The Safety and Health Department is managed and operated by, Michael Jr. Laguana, who is the only nationally Certified-Plus Safety Professional on Guam, thus so far, with Platinum Credentials under the accreditation of the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER); authenticated and accessible for verification in the U.S. National Registry at http://anr.nccer.org.gov (9891903). Other credentials are as follows:
▪ MSHA Certified Competent Person and Miner – Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) U.S. Department of Labor.
▪ OSHA Authorized Trainer (ID No.: C0107334) – Occupational Safety and Health Admin. (OSHA) U.S. Department of Labor.
▪ Certified Respiratory Fit Tester – 3M International.
▪ Certified Basic Life Support Instructor for Healthcare Providers (ID No.: 05160464356) American Heart Association.
▪ Certified (CPR, AED, and First Aid) Heart Saver Instructor (ID No.: 05160464356) American Heart Association.
▪ Associate’s Degree in “Emergency Management” with a field concentration on “Tsunami” Guam Community College/FEMA/Emergency Management Institute, University Corporation for Atmospheric Research.
▪ Certified Quality Control Manager for Contractors United States Army Corps of Engineers/Naval Facilities.
▪ Nationally Certified-Plus Heavy Equipment Operator: “Forklifts” National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
▪ First Responder and Hazardous Materials Responder.
▪ Certified Instructor for Community Emergency Response Team Guam Homeland Security/Office of Civil Defense.
▪ Formerly Certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT 1345) Guam Office of Emergency Medical Services.